Sunday, April 18, 2010

spanking new beds for all, a one painting exhibition, drawing skills sharpening...

School holidays are over and here I am sitting with the lap top on my knee in the sun with two kids not far (enough) from me. One is sick and the kindygardener does not do Tuesdays. sigh.
We bought the kids brand spanking new beds. The ones they had were all given to us way back when god was a little girl. They were falling to pieces and the mattresses were not good enough anymore to support speedily growing bodies. They also had out grown the bunks. The beds arrived in all their glory on Friday. The delivery men had to lug the pieces of beds up the stairs making about 14 trips in all. They were sweating and complaining...(honestly!!! Whats with that? One hundred and forty stairs in Wellington is pretty normal one would think...). The day before the beds arrived, I took a leap of faith and organised the salvation army to collect the old beds...I then painted Izzy and Paloma's bedroom with a lick o' paint, scrubbing the  walls with sugar soap first. Oh yeah, there 'stuff' I loaded into harrys room and the bathroom being careful to leave enough space for the new bed's. The girls all slept the night on the floor of Drew and Rosies bedroom. Partay! The next day, In between cleaning and sorting all four bedrooms, I gave the littlest girls room its last coat of paint, recieving a phone call from the bed delivery men saying they would be there in about an hour. I told them to make it a generous hour. Luckily, the paint was touch dry by the time the new furniture was shoved against the wall. I am now in the process of buying five bed side tables. I have found, at the warehouse stationary supplies, perfect little two tier book shelves for fifteen buckaroo's each. I have built one and Rosie has proudly placed her books and bedside lamp on it. Today I bought two more and will put them together as soom as I can be bothered trudging down the stairs to get them from the car.
I am on a mission to get our house organised. Space is of the essence. I feel like I am sort of 'nesting' because Paloma is starting school in four weeks time and a new phase of my little old life starts. Mr Drew still hasn't finished the famous studio in the back yard, the work actually has halted. He is leaving for Christchurch in May to work on his boat for a month, so I am thinking studio will not be built this year. I will find one in town until it's done. I need to work-especially when my wee treasure starts school.
I am putting a painting up in the little cafe that seems to like my paintings, so that will be my first 'one painting-one week' show for the year. I hope it sells even though I love having it on our wall and I will definately miss it. I have been drawing every day, about ten to fifteen little drawings....my kids and Mr Drew all seem to run away when ever I appear with my pencil and sketch book. So I have an unbelievable amount of drawings of my feet and hands. I bribe the kids to sit for me, saying they can stay up later and watch crap on t.v..(as long as they do not move). I am finding the drawing is improving and I am more confident...another thing I will be able to do when treasure begins school, is do life drawing on Tuesday mornings at inverlochy.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on being so well organized and efficient with your bedroom renos!! Sounds like you've been real busy.

    I hope that you get your studio this year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bedroom furniture is available in a wide range of traditional and contemporary range for a modern look. The number of brands provides elegant and timeless pieces for your bedroom with their different exclusive designs, colors, sizes and finishes.Bedroom furniture store.

    ReplyDelete