Saturday, March 20, 2010

Birthday resolutions..

My birthday is looming-forty-six. Gosh! It seems only yesterday I was throwing up after my fourtieth. Now here I am, with the big 'five-oh' rolling it's eyes at me in the not-too-far distance. I must say, I feel better and more in tune with my big ol' self than ever...at 45. Age is a good thing..if I dont look too closely at my not extremely taut skin stuff...and I don't like people taking photo's of me-especially close up and in harsh light..(all light is harsh). Life is good. Anyhoo, for the 46th Birthday, I am going to run 46kilometers. Thank the gods I live in a metric age. Forty six miles is a totally different (blurk!) distance. So, May the 18th folks. Thats the big date. I am also teaching myself guitar and the plan is to be extremely good at it by the eye-rolling 50. Of course, I will continue running-because it keeps me feeling; well, pretty brilliant. So, there it goes, the birthday plan. Luck and plans.

4 comments:

  1. Well, if it's any comfort, I just read out "Gosh, I didn't realise Catherine was about to turn 46!", and Ella responded "No way, she doesn't look 46!". I think this was meant in a nice way, not a "She doesn't look THAT old!". :-D

    Anyway, you're a darn funky 40-something year old. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..the funky errr...older chick thanks you both...It all happens so fast!...

    ReplyDelete
  3. 46? Just a pup! Time to get busy with running.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got some great goals! I hope you achieve all of them. :D

    ReplyDelete