Thursday, February 25, 2010

Welcome to our new family members..


After years of the children pleading for a pet...and I mean years...we have extended our family by two. Our two boys are 'Sherlock' and 'Toothpick'. Harry is very happy to have brothers at last. The kids no longer have to resort to making pets out of blowflys, slaters, spiders and rocks. The stray cat they have named 'juniper' will return to being a visitor only. Of course, kids being as they are, want one guineapig each. Personally, I don't know if I can handle five of the blighters. (In fact, I do have a wee soft spot for the little pigs..I ran out one night to give them a secret cuddle only to be met five minutes later by five kids laughing at me...). Anyhoo, welcome little pig-boys...long may you survive!
As for me getting life together, I am taking it 'one day at a time' and having a goal of accomplishing one thing, the top of the list thing. Yesterday I rehashed our insurance, and that is ongoing paperwork, phonecalls, but I am on top of it. Today I am organising the electrician for more power points in our house. I will also, before the week is out, get a quote to buy five kingsingle divan beds and mattresses for the growing crew. (See! I am meaningful.)
I have continued with my newyears resolve to make at least one drawing per day. I have been doing so since December the 28th. Honestly...I can already see improvement with my eye hand co-ordination. I draw the kids a lot while they are watching T.v. I also have been known to bribe them into being still...
My excercise and health is moving..(just)..catch up on that here.
Thankyou for your lovely comments regarding my previous post, I do take them to heart.

2 comments:

  1. Oooo yes, welcome little piggies! I'm such a soft touch when it comes to pets - I'd get a new one everyday if my husband allowed it. He's still a little dubious about the fact I bought a rabbit as a playmate for the dog. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...how very sweet they all are...can't wait to meet the newest 'Drew's' x

    ReplyDelete