Tuesday, December 1, 2009

a cave, a bottle and a cup and a Ned in the making.


Paloma told me what to write, and she copied underneath. This is her letter to Santa. That is all she wants; a cave, a bottle and a cup. Did she want to write 'love from Paloma' or anything else? 'No' she replied,'that's it'.
I think she was tired from all that writing actually.

And here she is listening to 'is she is or is she aint my baby?'. This is the song I am singing in the 'concert'. I prefer to call it a 'public singing workshop', it sounds less scary.Okay, it's a public singing workshop. I'll wear my running gear so I can run away straight afterwards.

Here is a painting I have decided to work on again. It measures about 1meter by 1.5. It is oil so all though I finally have a vision of what it will be, (Ned eyeing up Nedette from a safe distance), I am hesitant to begin the next oil process given the lack of space, and the drying time involved. I could paint like mad and hoist it high on the wall while it dry's for a few weeks. But then, there is the fumes. As much as I like a good snort of turpentine and linseed oil, I don't think it would help those with hayfever or asthma....
God! I am so frustrated. I am keeping myself in check, but maannnnnn! I feel it boiling.
Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Love your little one's letter. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn't love a little turpentine to get you going first thing in the morning??? :D

    ReplyDelete