Saturday, October 24, 2009

MamaMia!






We took the kids out for dinner to the Chamelion (at the Intercontinental). The intercontinental is their favourite 'out for birthday breakfast' place as it has a huge buffet. They eat like proverbial pigs while at buffet's.
Anyhow, they were a tad dissapointed at being given a menu...(..'where's all the food?' they asked, looking around at white linen, candlelights and place settings..)
They settled down when burgers and fries landed in front of them. The thirteen year old however, a more sophisticated palate ordered off the adult menu..(..errm..bump the price up, why dontcha'). I have heard good things about this restaurant and they surprised me! The food was great, I wanted to meet the chef!..I had the best corn soup with hazelnut foam I've ever had. It wowed me!..(Okay so I have never had soup with foam before....who'd have thought?!)
I followed this 'soup' with somasa's with a dried grape, hazelnut and couscous filling. Wonderful! And the serving size was perfect for me..not large, not teeny....
After dining, we made our way to the tsb bank arena. The kids were asking if we could go rockclimbing, kayacking, bowling, paintballing etc. We joined a small queue. Drew was the first to 'click' that we were going to Mama Mia. Rose was shocked when I produced the tickets and she then convinced Izzy that we were indeed heading in to the 'actual Mama mia' show. Harry started sulking and muttering about how 'gay' this show is, and how he is not into 'watching shit like this'. He slumped around looking disgusted, even when Deane bought six icecreams..(@ $24.00!) and handed him one. We were ushered to our squishy-no-leg-room seats, and joked around with the people in front of us, who were admonishing us for bumping the backs of their seats with our knees....
The show was great, we sang, we ended up dancing at the end..I saw Harry grinning and sparkling all through it. Paloma had a bit of trouble staying awake during the second half...I could see her eyes struggling to stay open. (The show didnt finish till about 10pm...very late for the little one...). Paloma loves Abba and has been watching the movie and singing the songs for most of her life...
I have fallen in love with glam rock attire again. I am thinking I will organise a glam rock party....

4 comments:

  1. I have to tell you, I was drawn to your darn perty boobies again!! Ha ha, got that bra on again have you?!

    Good to hear the show was a hit. Although it amazes me how children can go to sleep with all that racket going on around them. Louis managed to go to sleep during Stomp. I mean, how does that work?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! another secret hold-it-all-up bra at work actually!...
    i dont know how kids fall asleep during chaos and havoc...they've fallen asleep on fizz boats booting 24knots...in the midst of footstomping parties...
    wish i was like that

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great time. I always see "foam" on Top Chef and such and have been curious who actually eats it. :) Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete