Thursday, November 13, 2008

Zen with Catherine

Zen GardenImage by euart via Flickr

Attempting to be 'Zen' about life, I realise I don't really know what it meant. Really. I have thoughts and feelings of what I think it means i.e; I will be calm and 'in the moment', (all of the time). I would lose my desire for..well...what ever it is I desire. Which leads me on to the topic of what it is I actually desire. Here goes: Hot chips on Fridays, a studio, time, money, a nanny, a house cleaner, a car that works, a life full of good hair days, to run each day, conquer my fear of the Waimakariri, bigger house, half acre vegetable garden, garden shed, shiny stuff.


I don't see anything wrong with all of the above. I guess it's my state of zenlessness. I want all that stuff and I want it now, (except the hot chips which I will want on Friday night). Not included in my list of desire is Love. I have that.


On a different note, (life in real time that is), I have just got off the phone with one of the teachers at the kids school. She informed me that a reliever (teacher) had seen a nit in Rosie's hair. The teacher sounded a bit nervous and giggly. I asked her to repeat what she had said. She did and said,'oh no, must be time for treatment again!', attempting to make light of it I guess. Poor thing. The thing is, I (yes..yes..make it all about ME..blah blah)..anyway, 'I' have had it..up to here..(hand saluting the sky..) with nits and every one that trys to give me advice about what to do. The so called 'remedies' I have listened to I could write a boring book about. (I wont). Drew bought nits home from school the day she started about seven years ago and they have been our wee pesky pets ever since. In fact, the day Paloma was born, she came home and Izzy said, (looking at her quizzically) ..."has she got nits yet?". I replied, "No", but knew in my heart it wouldn't be long.


And Yes...(for all you worry wart readers who are about to phone child welfare and send me to prison)..we keep the 'pets' under control with what I have found to be the best solution for us.


Life is a bit of a jumble at the moment..(it is momentary, I will accept the 'jumble' and let it pass). I am dropping things, slicing my fingers, grating my fingers, and generally may hemming it up a bit. http://catherinedrew.wordpress.com/ will tell you a great story of me being Michael Angelo.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment