Monday, November 3, 2008

Wedding photos, Halloween, gale force breeze


















Above is the littlest goth on the evening of her first Halloween outing! The twelve year old dressed her, 'blood' oozing from the corners of her mouth, white face, with a bag at the ready. They all marched down the streets prying lollies from the house holders of Hataitai. Her cute factor worked and they returned sugar laden and jittery about one hour later. One of the challenges of a larger family is..(wait for it)...the amount of lollies that come into the house on Halloween! I try to hide them, donate them, dump them; while the older kids are attempting to squirrel them away from me. Lets call it 'the lollie dilemma'.

The morning following Halloween, I eagle eyed them as they drank green juice to counteract the sugar. I do not know if it worked but it made me feel better.



The line of kids are, in order, Rose, Harry, Paloma, Drew and Isobella. They were waiting for us to arrive so they could walk with us, up the aisle to where we were to be married. They all look lovely shiny and clean! It is not often they are sparkling at the same time so I love this image!

As for 'normal' life, well-I have only meditated once in the past month, my running has turned to...er...a sporadic disappointing non-story, and as an artist-I am non-existant! I have hope that Deane will build my studio on the section. He actually bought the windows for the studio last weekend. They are leaning on the outside wall of the house...umm..well they were-until the 140kph gale force 'breeze' flipped a few of them on their faces. Yep...I like pieces of glass..there are so many options...love mosaic. I guess I could match the shards up with the broken le chamba wedding present and make a lovely gift for someone. Maybe Julia.
On a political note, (but it feels personal?) I am Happy Mr Obama won the American election. It was absolutely historic, it bought tears to my eyes. For some reason- I have hope. Weird huh!
And here I am sharply changing the subject-(because apparently it isn't good to talk politics);I am enjoying delving into raw food and juices and noting the way it all makes me feel. I have more recipes and experiences at http://catherinedrew.wordpress.com


































1 comment:

  1. ....photos...stunning bride/groom/kidlette's...( who's the old girl in pink ?)
    The only thing to be dissapointed in is the studio windows being shattered blast !!!
    It may take time but it WILL happen ! x

    ReplyDelete