Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Attracting Boat hulls...the perfect nano second...




It was good, arriving home from our Christchurch 'boat' holiday.

We undertook the long journey to Christchurch because my love had bought yet another boat (a 55ft steel hull actually..that's it..a hull.). He needed to measure it up to start figuring out how to begin the ten years of building it will take to complete the thing.

I do not like boats yet they seem to be taking up more and more space in my life. Is it because I spend mind time disliking them so they manifest around me?

I accept that boats will be in my life - I just want time/space for me - too. I've read that... 'the more you can control your attention the more you attract only the things in your life that you really want'.

Does that mean I really want my life to consist of cleaning a house, a never-ending laundry pile, organising children, and all the little things that by themselves take up barely anytime but together take a life time! What is it I 'attend' to in my life that I am attracting...well, that is pretty obvious...with five children - this is the way it is at the moment. (However I do wonder if my life should be so enveloped by everybody else...)

Anyway, our arrival home was a beginning. I found it very difficult to continue raw food, running, meditating while on holiday, so it was with renewed even desperate focus I was to 'begin' living again.

The parts of my life I can do are running, eating well, and reading, (... reading in 'sound bites'). On Monday morning I woke early and ran out into the dawning day -beautiful!. I ran for thirty minutes feeling okay. After the kids had gone to school, Paloma and I headed to the gym and creche. I had a satisfactory weights workout, leg tingling so.

The afternoon went as afternoons do and then I took Drew to my singing lesson which it turns out wasn't on. This gave me time to do a small supermarket shop and once home, I went for my second run of the day at about 8.15pm.

The favourite part of my run was the perfect nano second. It was, as I rounded a bend... here it is..the perfect moment...the moon brightly reflected off the rippling sea on my left, while Dido played on my ipod. She sang out with the lyric..."its not so bad.." just at the point I was running the bend. (Dido Thank you No Angel) Yes, I know, Dido is surprisingly good to run with. Especially at night - you should try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment