Wednesday, June 4, 2008

on winter...


I guess the question i am churning over in my life at the moment is one of balance. How do i give time for my life while also making time for my family? I don't wish to devalue myself or them. The children are young, not yet teenagers. I have Deane, who I want to give my time to as well. Just the physical aspects of caring for them, cleaning, cooking, transporting, listening to them, the constant,'look at me, look at this, listen to this..'. I want to accommodate all, so they are content, while not putting my self on the back burner. I find it hard to even remember the frantic days and years while i had three then four pre-schoolers, all at the same time. We are in a different phase, it seems to be a tad more relaxed..(excluding saturday sports mornings...4 kids to four different games in 4 different suburbs all within ten minutes, not to mention the pick ups..). Anyhoo. To move on...



Right now, my garden is growing, winter weeds and all, the compost piles have turned into sodden piles of slop, the grass is too wet to mow and the lawn mower is too pathetic to use on such long grass,(it only bends it..). I have not been running for a week and a half now, even though i regard myself as officially 'better' as of yesterday. I have the capital half marathon to run in three weeks and I am aiming for 1hour and 50 minutes. (After much thought i have decided i will wear my black nike sports skirt and a black woollen singlet). Im not ready for it -but will be in three weeks. The power of positive thought astounds me.




I have sold three paintings in the last two weeks. It always feels good to get them out of my house (re studio), and i like the fact they have gone to loving homes.




Maybe in hindsight, my life hasnt completely ground to a standstill in the last few weeks. Mid winter tends towards hibernation-must-fight-it...

2 comments:

  1. sounds exhausting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. no. its not really exhausting. thanks for your comment anonymous.

    ReplyDelete